Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Beginning the two week wait.

Day 1: It was the day after Thanksgiving. I woke up around 4:30am and hit the road by 5. I was making a trip to Illinois to see my family for the weekend. It had been a long 5 1/2 years since I had gone to visit. Several years too long if you ask me. I finally arrived around 3:30pm. It felt so good to not be in a car anymore!! I wasn't too open about all the fertility stuff except for with family and close friends, so they all knew my story and what I had gone through the day before. I forgot what it was like to be back in Henry. Seeing family all the time, big home cooked meals, and just hanging out and talking...stuff I don't necessarily do on a regular basis here at home. I went to visit my Grandpa's resting place.( His funeral, unfortunately, was the last time I made the trip to Illinois.) It was strange to see all of my cousins, who were just starting their teens then, are now young men. Talk about feeling old! I was sad to go, but it was a great few days.

I got home Monday evening around 10pm. To my surprise, my husband had cleaned the house...I was blown away! I had missed him, so it was nice to get to sleep next to him that night. All I could think about was hoping that this procedure took, and that I was going to have a little bean growing soon. All day, and all night, it consumed my mind. I couldn't believe that after all this time, I was so close to my dream coming true. Only a couple weeks away from knowing, and the anticipation was killer. I was focusing on every twinge, cramp, craving..basically anything I thought was different with my body. I was OBSESSED! I even bought a 5 pack of pregnancy tests because I knew I wouldn't be able to hold out the entire 14 days. I tested super early, at like 9 days after to make sure I got a negative. The negative would assure me that the shot I got was out of my system. And then after that I couldn't stop. I took another test at 10 days, then skipped 11. I wasn't going to test on day 12, but then decided what the hell, I have more tests...so I peed on the stick, and decided to brush my teeth while I was waiting on the little window to tell me the results. My heart sank, in a shocked, super stoked, this can't be real way, when I looked down and the test said PREGNANT!!!!! Oh my god!! I could not believe it, I had to double look and pinch myself a couple times. I am pregnant! It took!! I'm not broken after all! I went to share the news with my husband, Matt. He was sleeping and I woke him up. He was excited, but still half asleep. Ha, Poor guy. I let him go back to sleep, and left to drive to the chiropractor. I had only been gone maybe 15 minutes and I get a call from Matt. This time is was stoked! He has finally woke up, and it finally hit him. He wanted to tell everyone! I told him that we needed to wait. I had to do blood work to confirm, and of course they always say to wait until the first trimester was over to make sure you were in the safe zone. We agreed to tell our parents, and close friends who knew about the entire journey. Everyone was excited! It was so hard to not announce it to the world, but I knew we should play it safe. Needless to say, December 4, 2012 was one of the best days of my life. :) My dream had finally become reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment